Are you looking for accurate and actionable data to better understand what your visitors want and need for a high quality visit and what will bring them back? Now is the time to plan a summer/fall visitor survey project using the Visitors Count! program.
Visitors Count! is AASLH’s visitor research program for medium to large history organizations. Too often, we base important decision-making on assumptions. Visitors Count! uses a proven survey instrument and custom questions specific to each participating museum or historic site to collect accurate data and feedback that can be used in all areas of operation.
We will begin working in early June with participating organizations to plan their visitor survey project. The deadline to sign up is June 5.
The Visitors Count! fee is $3,750 for AASLH member institutions, payable in two installments. Read more about the fee here.
We also offer a Visitors Count! teacher survey to collect data and feedback from teachers who bring classes for an onsite program. The deadline to sign up for it is August 15.
Here’s how institutions located across the country have used their Visitors Count! data:
1. Create more meaningful stories and programs
2. Include visitors’ perspectives in strategic planning
3. Refine marketing and membership messaging
4. Inform re-branding efforts
5. Streamline evaluation efforts
6. Include visitors’ perspectives in interpretation and exhibition planning
7. Support funding requests and grant proposals
8. Provide valuable benchmarking data to parent agency and others
9. Include teachers’ perspective in educational program planning (VC teacher survey)
10. Educate staff, volunteers and board members about what matters most to their visitors
11. Better understand their mission based on visitors’ perspectives
12. Demonstrate their institutional value for community to parent agencies and others
13. Satisfy the AAM accreditation program’s request for visitor data
14. Create a visitor demographic matrix
Visitors Count! helps you collect data and feedback from the people who matter most―your visitors.
Check out the client list here.
Watch the “What is Visitors Count?” webinar recording (approximately 60 minutes).
Reserve your spot for either the summer/fall visitor survey group or the 2018-19 teacher survey group by contacting Cherie Cook at 573-893-5164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.