Your Vote Matters
The American Association for State and Local History (AASLH) Council sets policy and provides leadership for the association, is responsible for strategic planning, and represents AASLH members and the field at large.
Members vote for those who serve on Council and the 2022 Council election is now open through August 1. We encourage all members to participate in the election!
This year, there are three officer candidates, four candidates for four spots on the AASLH Council, and six candidates for three spots on the Leadership Nominating Committee.
Officers for Council
- Christy Coleman for Vice Chair, Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation (Williamsburg, VA)
- Rebekah Beaulieu for Treasurer, Florence Griswold Museum (Old Lyme, CT)
- Scott Wands for Secretary, Connecticut Humanities (Middletown, CT)
Council Candidates (4 open seats)
- Lisa Anderson, Utah Valley University Woodbury Art Museum (Orem, UT)
- JerriAnne Boggis, Black Heritage Trail of New Hampshire (Portsmouth, NH)
- Stacey Halfmoon, Shawnee Tribe Cultural and Historic Preservation (Miami, OK)
- Christie Weininger, Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library and Museums (Fremont, OH)
Leadership Nominating Committee Candidates (3 open seats)
- Rich Cooper, Conner Prairie (Fishers, IN)
- Hadley Drodge, National Afro-American Museum Cultural Center, Central State University (Wilberforce, OH)
- Jennifer Edginton, Illinois State Museum (Springfield, IL)
- Lance Wheeler, National Center for Civil and Human Rights (Atlanta, GA)
- Lisa Worley, Edsel & Eleanor Ford House (Grosse Pointe Shores, MI)
- Carolina Zataray, Agua Caliente Cultural Museum (Palm Springs, CA)
To vote, members need their constituent/member ID and name exactly as it appears on their membership card. To find your membership card, go to the Membership Center. Your membership card will be listed under Information & Settings. Individuals sign in with last name only, and organizations sign in with their full name.
For voting assistance:
- Use the help feature within the platform
- Call us at 615-320-3203
For more information about the AASLH Council and committees, visit aaslh.org/about.