We are proud to announce the slate of candidates for four open spots on the AASLH Council and two spots on our Leadership Nominating Committee. The Council sets policy and provides leadership for the Association, is responsible for strategic planning, and represents AASLH members and the field at large. The Leadership Nominating Committee works with staff and the AASLH Council to identify AASLH’s and the field’s leadership and points direction for a slate of officers, Council members, and LNC members.
The election will open June 1 and close on July 1, and members will receive notice of how and when to vote by email.
Council Candidates (4 open seats)
- Lisa Eriksen, Principal, Lisa Eriksen Consulting, Oakland, CA
- Stacy Klingler, Executive Director, William Butterworth Foundation, Moline, IL
- Trina Nelson Thomas, Director, Stark Art & History Venues, Orange, TX
- Brent Ott, Vice-President of Business Services & Chief Financial Officer, The Henry Ford, Dearborn, MI
Leadership Nominating Committee Candidates (2 open seats)
- Omar Eaton-Martínez, Intern & Fellows Program Manager, National Museum of American History, Washington, D.C.
- Rebecca M. Slaughter, Museum System Administrator, Las Cruces Museum System, Las Cruces, NM
- Laura Hortz Stanton, Executive Director, Conservation Center for Art & Artifacts, Philadelphia, PA
- Susie Wilkening, Principal, Wilkening Consulting, Seattle, WA