Are you coming to Detroit and looking for some cheap networking opportunities? AASLH/MMA has several events planned that you want to be sure to add to your schedule.
- New for 2016 will be a free Yoga Class led by Stacia Kuceyeski from the Ohio History Connection. It will take place on Friday from 7-8 am in the Grand River Ballroom Lobby. Bring a towel or yoga mat and wear comfortable clothes.
- On Wednesday and Thursday evening, several AASLH Affinity Groups will be holding History Happy Hours at local drinking establishments and everyone in invited to participate. A full schedule will be distributed at the registration desk
- MMA Pub Crawl will be held on Thursday evening at 9 pm starting at Urban Cellars in the Crowne Plaza. There is no charge to participate, but you are responsible for your own food and drinks.
- AASLH and MMA Business Meetings – Both associations will hold their annual business meetings on Friday at 1 pm. Please plan on attending to learn about what your association accomplished this year as well as exciting plans for the future. Laura Lott, President and CEO of the American Alliance of Museums, will also speak at both meetings.
- Battledecks 2016: Motor City Mayhem will be held on Friday night at 9 pm at Nick’s Gaslight Restaurant and Lounge, a short ride on the People Mover from the Cobo Center (transportation is not provided). This exciting event will invite volunteers to compete in a head-to head interactive, improvisational competition highlighting the theme of this year’s meeting.
- While no longer free, the Annual Meeting Attendee Luncheon will be held on Friday in the Exhibit Hall. Due to rising costs, AASLH will be charging $10 for the luncheon this year (which is still a bargain). If you did not preregister for the luncheon and would like to attend, you can still register for this event and guarantee a seat by contacting AASLH by August 31. You must email email@example.com to add this event to your registration.