Your Vote Matters
The colleagues you choose to help lead AASLH will set our direction for years to come. AASLH’s Council sets policy and provides leadership for the association, is responsible for strategic planning, and represents AASLH members and the field at large.
AASLH members elect the Council and Leadership Nominating Committee. The 2023 Council election opens today and runs through July 12. We encourage you to participate in the election and cast your vote!
This year, there are four candidates for four spots on the AASLH Council and six candidates for three spots on the Leadership Nominating Committee.
Council Candidates (Four open seats)
- Veronica Gallardo, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (Clinton, MD)
- Pam Junior, Two Mississippi Museums (Jackson, MS)
- Margaret Koch, Bullock Texas State History Museum (Austin, TX)
- Andrea Lowery, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (Harrisburg, PA)
Leadership Nominating Committee Candidates (Three open seats)
- Rich Cooper, Conner Prairie (Fishers, IN)
- Liz Hobson, Idaho State Historical Society (Boise, ID)
- Jessica Jenkins, Litchfield Historical Society (Litchfield, CT)
- Kenny Libben, Cleo Redd Fisher Museum (Loudonville, OH)
- Aaron Noble, New York State Museum (Albany, NY)
- Jaclyn Spainhour, Historic Congressional Cemetery (Washington, DC)
To vote, members need their constituent/member ID and name exactly as it appears on their membership card (which can be viewed in your online AASLH profile). Individuals sign in with their last name only, and organizations sign in with their full name.
For voting assistance:
- Use the help feature within the platform
- Email AASLH Membership and Office Coordinator Rebecca Mendez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 615-320-3203