It’s summer, we know you’re busy always but we also know that our minds never stop in the history/museum world (have you seen this post yet likening our work to an addiction?).
So as you navigate the hot, languid months of summer we want to know: DO YOU HAVE A BOOK IN YOU?
The Editorial Board for AASLH’s book series with Rowman & Littlefield Press is actively seeking new book proposals.
If you’re a good writer and have something to share with your professional colleagues, we’d like to hear from you.
What does writing a book entail? Most of our books are around 75,000 words (250 double-spaced pages). Most of our authors take about 10-12 months after contract issuance to write their manuscript.
We are particularly interested in books on:
- Technology — for management, for enhancing visitor experiences, for website/virtual collections — in museums and historic houses
- Public History — especially textbooks
- Volunteer recruitment/management
- Website development and maintenance in museums and historic houses
- Easily replicated programming ideas and strategies
- Assessment and evaluation measures and techniques of all kinds
See below to open or download for our Book Proposal Outline.
You don’t have to send in a full proposal to start! Just let us know what you’re interested in and we’ll help you develop your idea further.