We are pleased to announce the election results for four spots on the AASLH Council and three spots on our Leadership Nominating Committee. The Council sets policy and provides leadership for the Association, is responsible for strategic planning, and represents AASLH members and the field at large. The Leadership Nominating Committee works with staff and the AASLH Council to identify AASLH’s and the field’s leadership and points direction for a slate of officers, Council members, and LNC members.
New Council Members
- Roberta Carothers, National Museum of the United States Air Force (Riverside, OH)
- Luis F. Fernandez, Dominguez Rancho Adobe Museum (Compton, CA)
- Richard Josey, Collective Journeys (Newport News, VA)
- Leo Landis, State Historical Museum of Iowa (Des Moines, IA)
New Leadership Nominating Committee Members
- Tiffini Bowers, John Hay Library at Brown University (Providence, RI)
- Zoia Falevai, Brigham Young University – Hawaii (Laie, HI)
- Marvin-Alonzo Greer, Maryland National Capital Park Planning Commission (Riverdale, MD)
For more information about the AASLH Council and committees, visit aaslh.org/about.