We are proud to announce the slate of candidates for four spots on the AASLH Council and three spots on our Leadership Nominating Committee. The Council sets policy and provides leadership for the Association, is responsible for strategic planning, and represents AASLH members and the field at large. The Leadership Nominating Committee works with staff and the AASLH Council to identify AASLH’s and the field’s leadership and points direction for a slate of officers, Council members, and LNC members.
The election will open June 1 and close on July 1, and members will receive notice of how and when to vote by email.
Council Candidates (4 open seats)
- Ashley Bouknight, Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage, Nashville, TN
- Trevor Jones, History Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
- Jennifer Kilmer, Washington State Historical Society, Tacoma, WA
- Jennifer Ortiz, Utah Division of Arts and Museums, Salt Lake City, UT
Leadership Nominating Committee Candidates (3 open seats)
- Kwasi Agyemang, Ohio History Connection, Columbus, OH
- Michelle Banks, The African American Firefighter Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Joy Holland, UCLA American Indian Studies Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Tramia Jackson, American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
- Sue Taylor, New Mexico Museum of Space History, Alamogordo, NM
- Tomaro Taylor, University of South Florida Libraries, Tampa, FL